Thursday, August 02, 2007

Lake Tekapo, New Zealand



By midday the fog has dissipated a little so I decide to walk up Mount John, as I'll run out of time otherwise. I manage to completely miss the starting point of the track and walk for ten minutes around the lake before I know that I've taken a wrong turn.

Back at the starting point which I had walked past (still not sure how I missed it) it's an hours trudge through pine forest up a winding track to the summit. I'm relieved it's a far easier walk that the Queenstown Hill Time Walk. Although the cloud lingers over the lake, the summit is completely clear which looks a little strange. Slowly the cloud clears to reveal deep blue skies and a gleaming sapphire-coloured Lake Tekapo.

(Photo - a layer of cloud hangs below the summit of Mount John)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maria.....I hope you publish a book with all your great photos some day....I will place my order now...Bob