Sunday, November 18, 2007

Patan, Kathmandu, Nepal



I learn there are several Durbar Squares in Kathmandu. The one in Patan is more picturesque and less crowded than the one near Thamel.

A bright young boy tries to sell me a silk purse. I'm impressed by his English and ask how old he is. He says 'thirteen, maybe fifteen', although he looks much younger. I ask if he goes to school but he tells me he can't afford it and has to support his family who aren't able to work. He's incredibly sharp. It seems a shame for him to be denied an education. I know this is the same story for a million children around the world. He shows me around the square. I buy all his bags which comes to the huge sum of GBP 1.50 and say goodbye. Somehow I don't want to leave him here.
(Durbur Square in Patan)

2 comments:

Maria said...

This Maria loves your images. I am a journalist/photographer who has just startaed to blog. What camera did you use to create these images? You can check me out at www.travelswithmaria.blogspot.com which has a link to my website, too.

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.