Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Bodhnath, Kathmandu, Nepal



I first started to think about going home a week ago, part of me excited about seeing familiar things again, and part of me wishing I could continue my adventure. The truth is that for the last four months I’ve been exhausted. I have one more day in Kathmandu before I begin the long journey home.

I have a terrible hangover this morning so even after a breakfast of banana pancakes and creamy masala tea I resort to ibuprofen to take the pain away.

I decide to visit Bodhnath (Boudhanath), 5 kilometres east of Kathmandu, a Tibetan community of restaurants shops and monasteries surrounding a huge golden stupa, the largest in Nepal and one of the largest in the world. It’s a little piece of Tibet, away from the bustling streets of central Kathmandu.

No comments: