Friday, October 13, 2006

Blue Lagoon, Ilha Grande


On my last day on Ilha Grande I took a day trip to the ´Blue Lagoon´ - seduced by the memory of the film of the same name when I was very (very) young. It turned out to be largely an excuse for tourists to get plastered on Caipirinhas.

I went for the lagoon itself of course - a stretch of clear aquamarine water in which to swim and snorkel among brightly coloured tropical fish. A relaxing day out but I was a bit bored by about two o´clock and trapped on a boat with loud drunken people. Maybe I should have joined them on the Caipirinhas but I couldn´t face one today.

I was looking forward to the street party that night but predictably it was a washout and most of the revellers sheltering under the awnings got fed up of waiting for the rain to stop and went home.

Next stop - Paraty.


No comments: