Thursday, October 19, 2006

Iguassu from the air


Eleanor Roosevelt apparently said 'poor Niagara' on seeing the Iguassu falls. It's four times as wide as Niagara and is much more impressive in my humble opinion. It left me wondering why Niagara is that much more famous.

Decided if I was ever going to take a helicopter ride it might as well be here. It`s a brief 10-15 minute flight but offers a different perspective and helped me to appreciate the sheer scale and volume of water.

At the end of my exhausting but fantastic day I decided to have a walk through the bird park across the road from the helicopter place. It houses an array of tropical birds I can`t even begin to name, in their recreated habitats i.e. Pantanal region, and even a couple of anacondas (in an enclosure).

No comments: