Sunday, February 18, 2007

Puerto Lopez, Ecuador



I'm not sad to be leaving Guayaquil although it has no less charm than any other commercial city.

It's two hours to the little fishing town of Puerto Lopez. I'm looking forward to not doing very much for a couple days by the sea. To be honest I'm not enjoying Ecuador as much as the other countries I've travelled through. I'm not sure if it's because I feel Ecuador doesn't have as much to offer or if I'm just tired and jaded and seen/done it all before in South America. Perhaps I would feel differently if Ecuador was the first country I visited.

Puerto Lopez is a quiet place beautifully set in horseshoe bay, perfect for relaxing. There are day trips on offer to the poor man's Galapagos - Isla de la Plata, or the Machalilla National Park. I decide on none of these options and spend my time lying in a hammock reading Anna Karenina which I've been lugging around since leaving the UK.

No comments: