Monday, June 18, 2007

San Francisco



The phone wakes me up this morning. I didn't even know I had a phone in my room.

Back at the camera repair place, there's no change so the technician says he'll have another go while I wait. I pace up and down like a relative waiting for a loved one to come out of surgery. He says it's normal for photographers to be like this. He's unable to clean it and will have to order me a new part. In the meantime I can still use it and he says it's better than it was.

To make myself feel better I treat myself to a latte and carrot & zucchini muffin. That's one thing I love about the US. The food is great. Even fast food tastes a million times better than in the UK. A chicken sandwich here is not the boring dry chicken mayo you get in England. It'll be something like 'thai chicken marinated in fresh lime juice, ginger, cilantro and a hint of chilli chargrilled with a slightly smoky flavour and served on a bed of alfalfa sprouts with green tomatoes, olives and red onions'. It takes half a page to describe the ingredients of a sandwich. I'd never be able to diet here.

No comments: