Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Saxon Reef (Sandras), Great Barrier Reef, Australia



The last compulsory dive and the one I know I won't be any good at is Underwater Navigation. We need to navigate in a square underwater with a compass. I barely manage it on land therefore I have little chance underwater. Hopefully the visibility will be so poor the instructor won't be able to see me. The visibility is poor but unfortunately I'm paired up with a buddy and we're told to go off. After navigating half the square I become confused with my compass bearings which is when my buddy (who's male and no doubt better at directions than me) takes over and navigates us back. My instructor doesn't seem to mind this and in turn sends me to check he's going the right way when it's his turn. As if I'd have a clue.

No comments: