Thursday, July 26, 2007

Nevis Highwire Bungy, Queenstown, New Zealand



The rocks rush up towards me and then I feel I'm rising again. How many bounces is that? I've no idea. I pull the release cord (it works!) and I'm vertical again. Slowly I'm winched back up to the platform.

'How was that Maria?' the bungy master asks. I'd like to say something like 'awesome' but I'm in shock and can't speak. Five minutes later the adrenaline kicks in and I want to do it again. I'm exhausted though and my knees are trembling. I still have no recollection of the freefall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria, here Nina (we met in Dunedin On Top Backpacker).
Your pics are fantastic!!!
You must be spending a lot of time in front of computers?
I'm in Melbourne now and enjoying Aussie.
Have fun and enjoy the rest of your journey.
cheers
Nina