Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Remarkables, Queenstown, New Zealand



On the way to Queenstown the bus stops off at AJ Hackett's Karawau River Bungy, the world's first bungy at 43 metres. I watch someone dive off the bridge and decide bungy's definitely not for me.

As we drive through Mount Aspiring National Park we pass the Remarkables mountain range, a truly dramatic set of peaks named not only because of the amazing pink, purple and orange colours it takes on during sunset, but because it's only one of two mountain ranges that runs true north to south.

I'm not sure what to expect of Queenstown as I've heard varying accounts. It's evening when I arrive so I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

(Photo - The Remarkables)

1 comment:

running42k said...

All the adventure activities you have done and you won't do bungee jumping? Hard to believe.