Thursday, July 26, 2007

Queenstown, New Zealand



I'm on my way to the Queenstown Gardens when I get sidetracked by a half-price sale at Kathmandu. In the shop I run into an Irish girl I keep seeing on my travels. She said she did the Nevis bungy jump today, the highest in New Zealand and Australasia at 134 metres (440 feet). It starts me thinking. Can I really leave New Zealand without trying it? I leave Kathmandu with a bag of stuff I don't need. The shop assistant says 'you like to be organised don't you?'. I realise I have mainly bought small packing bags.
At the internet cafe I check to see if anyone has died from bungy jumping. On the AJ Hackett website, pioneers of bungy jumping, there is a personality quiz to see which bungy jump (there are several around Queenstown) would suit me. After 20 questions my answer is 'Bungy Tour'. I didn't even qualify for a jump!

No comments: